Saturday, February 26, 2011

Homemade Meatballs

This evening the original plan was to make homemade meatballs and the kids were going to help. The recipe makes A LOT, 3 cookie sheets worth of meatballs, which is great for me to freeze them to use another night. Normally I mix it all up and the kids help roll them into balls. Win win, I have help, and they are entertained! The weather was so nice, they ended up playing outside and I didn't want to interrupt so I made them by myself this round. Also a change of plans, I left the room and came back and they started eating them off the cookie sheet. (You can see by the pic there is one already missing.) This is not including the other half eaten sheet. I hope I have enough left to freeze this time! Gotta go eat spaghetti now, before it is all gone!

Meatball / Meatloaf Mix

4 lbs. ground beef
3 cups bread crumbs
6 eggs, beaten
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons dried parsley
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. These are not very salty, since you will serve them with sauce or gravy. Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. (Took about 20 min. for mine to cook.)


1 comment:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Yum, these look good, I'll have to try these. Love getting a glimpse of y'alls lives. Happy week-end!