Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gingerbread Village

Yesterday we continued our second year of making gingerbread houses. Last year we just did one, this year an entire village! They LOVED every minute of it. For me it was a little messy, but worth the excitement for them. This morning somehow they had managed to take all of them upstairs to their room, without making a mess!?! This afternoon I also found a princess in one of the houses, so they have really been playing with them! (Not just for looks or food at our house.)

Tonight we went through the Christmas Journey which is a drive through live nativity at the First Baptist Church of McKinney. It was really neat. A long line, but I think it was worth it. I hope it will help the kids have a better picture in their head when they hear different stories about Jesus this coming year. Kate seems to remember EVERYTHING, so I am sure I will hear about different parts quite a bit. I did have to explain when we got home that we did not go to the real Bethlehem, we were in McKinney and that they were pretending. I think Kate thought she was seeing the real thing! :)


Mason and his house.
Kate and her house.

Caroline and her house
Our Village

No comments: